10cc announce Irish dates for 2020
10cc have announced an extra Dublin date due to demand!
Ulster hall, Belfast – Thursday 28th May 2020
Vicar Street, Dublin – Friday 29th May 2020 – SOLD OUT
Cork Opera House, Cork –Saturday 30th May 2020
Vicar Street, Dublin – Sunday 31st May 2020 – on sale Thursday at 10AM
Tickets on sale Thursday, 30th January at 10AM
10cc have announced an extra Dublin date due to demand, on 31st May 2020 at Vicar Street, this follows the news of their show on 29th May is sold out. Limited tickets remain for their shows in Ulster Hall, Belfast, 28th May and Cork Opera House, Cork, 30th May.
Among the most inventive and influential bands in the history of popular music, 10cc are one of the very few acts to have achieved commercial, critical and creative success in equal measure.
Testament to 10cc’s ongoing appeal, the band can count a generation straddling array of fellow artists, everyone from Chrissie Hynde to The Feeling’s Dan Gillespie and Axl Rose to Sophie Ellis Bextor, among their many millions of fans.
I'm Not In Love, co-written by Graham Gouldman and Eric Stewart, features prominently in the soundtrack to the 2014 blockbuster film Guardians of the Galaxy, which grossed $635 million in its first two months in US cinemas and spawned a No 1 album. Meanwhile, a key element of the soundtrack to 2010’s Facebook feature film The Social Network is Dreadlock Holiday, which is also the Sky Sports cricket reports theme in Australia.
10cc has sold more than 30 million albums around the world and the band’s longevity is testament to their timeless songs and reflecting Gouldman’s status as one of the world’s leading songwriters, he was inducted into America’s Songwriter’s Hall of Fame at a ceremony in New York in June. Previous inductees include Noel Coward, Burt Bacharach, Neil Sedaka, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Leonard Cohen, Elton John and Sting.
Gouldman attributes 10cc’s lasting appeal to the quality and individuality of the band’s songs. “They don’t seem to date; they are original, we never followed any trend we simple wrote for our own pleasure. The fact that the songs are being played as often on the radio today as they ever were shows how true that is,” he says.
- 10cc has sold more than 15 million albums in the UK.
- 10cc has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide
- I’m Not In Love has been played over five million times on US radio.
- YouTube videos of I’m Not In Love, both old and with the current band, have been viewed more that 30 million times overall.
- A YouTube video clip about the making of I’m Not In Love circulated the globe in late-2010, resulting in increased name-checks by bloggers and DJs.
- Things We Do For Love has been played over 3.5 million times on US radio.
- I’m Not In Love was part of the soundtrack of the 2004 film Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.
- Dreadlock Holiday is featured on the soundtrack of the 2010 film The Social Network, about the founding of Facebook
- I’m Not In Love is lead track on the 2015 blockbuster Disney film Guardians of the Galaxy, which grossed $635 million in its first two months in US cinemas and spawned a No 1 album there.
- Axl Rose of Guns N’Roses says of I’m Not In Love, “that song messes with my life, man. It’s one of my favourite songs of all time.”
For Ulster Hall show tickets see: www.ulsterhall.co.uk
Or call Ulster Hall Box Office (028) 9033 4455
Ticket price: £45
For Cork Opera House show tickets see: www.corkoperahouse.ie
Or call Cork Opera House Box office: + 353 (0) 21 427 0022
Ticket price: €39.50
For Vicar Street, Dublin from usual Ticketmaster outlets Nationwide
24hr Credit Card Bookings 0844 277 4455 (ROI) / 0844 277 4455 (NI)
Book online www.ticketmaster.ie
Ticket price: €46.50
Tickets on sale Thursday 30th January at 10AM